Welcome to Homemaking Heaven: Make it Home. Pull up a seat and pour yourself a cuppa!

Thursday 8 October 2015

A Perfect Day


You know those perfect sorts of days; I mean the ones where everything just seems pretty great?  Well I had one on Saturday which requires its very own blog post.

Last week was great down in Devon with plenty of sunshine mid day and just the right amount of cool mornings followed by even colder evenings.  Cool, crisp and clear making evening walks a joy.  So when we woke up on Saturday we were greeted with true Autumn beauty. 

Even better was waking up in our magnificent new bed.  The much longer for, lusted after fluffy new mattress made our dreams come true.  So when we woke up to sunlight in a cosy new bed we woke up very happy.  TH was heading off to meet a organisation we could volunteer with in Exmouth so Daisy and I tagged along for the ride and took advantage of it being the first weekend I could walk her on the beach as it was after summer season. 

I wore my skinny jeans a t-shirt and a jumper and carried along my Barbour in case it felt chilly outside.   I looked my welly boots square on and then turned to pick up some flat ballet pumps – the one only slightly wrong thing with the day!  When we got to Exmouth TH popped right along to his appointment whilst Daisy and I trotted along the beach.  I’ve not walked on sand since we arrived in the UK in April, so I had totally forgotten how much sand fills up your shoes.  We walked the whole length of the beach and then back again just as TH was getting out of his appointment.  It was no trouble that I took my pumps off at one point and just started to carry them, and it was lovely for us to stop and look out at the sea (well, until Daisy started to cry and dig a hole right next to me).

Once we had met up again we took a leisurely walk along the sea front to a café where we sat in the sun.  Daisy sat under the table and TH got the breakfast whilst I went for a burger.  We both got tea, and I had a milkshake too.

After we polished off our brunch we headed home again, my cold had caught up with me, so after a bit of reading I went for a nap and woke up to the sound of the doorbell going.  TH and been battling his own cold that afternoon whilst I lay snoozing, and so had ordered us some delicious Chinese food…..just in time for Strictly to start.

A great day all round!

1 comment:

World of Animals, Inc said...

This looks like a perfect day. When the weather is sunny and beautiful you have to go out to enjoy it. You loved getting some whipped cream treat. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful rest of your day.
World of Animals