Welcome to Homemaking Heaven: Make it Home. Pull up a seat and pour yourself a cuppa!

Tuesday 6 December 2011

A Pause in Advent

Oops-this was written up on Saturday during the snow storm, but i guess i pressed the wrong button and it wasn't posted!
Another week closer to Christmas and some more traditions being fulfilled.  This week we put up the Christmas tree, and all of the other decoration that go with it.  The wreaths, the garlands, the Christmas candles, the lights, baubles, bells and oodles of other things i know I'm forgetting.
The outside of the house has been decked out for the festivities since the snow came about quite late this year, but some things remain the same.  The Christmas Cd's come out, we invariably tuck into the tins of roses early and stuff the freezer as if we're going to have to begin bartering for bare necessities over Christmas and Hogmany.  I'm late again with sending off cards, but quite happy with the progress on the long journey into the Christmas Holidays, which can be as calm and peaceful or bewitchingly busy as you wish to make it.  I'm bewitched with the busy and so i may begrudge rest, calm and easy, i enjoy it all the same.

5 comments:

MelMel said...

I've only made two cards and not put up any decorations.....but i have got a Christmas candle holder! So that is some progress towards the festive season!

Melx

Floss said...

I love 'bewitchingly busy'! I'd like to think of a good alliteration for my situation - maybe 'lethargically laid-back' but in fact I'm actually quite busy too. In my own little way...

Thanks for joining in - I do like to hear how everyone is preparing.

Jen Walshaw said...

I wish I could get bewitchingly busy, but my mojo has gone. We have the inside decorated but he outside will be next week

Fat Dormouse said...

I decorated my house this weekend - even though some of it looks disconcertingly like barbed wire!!! I love the way we are all creeping towards Christmas together!

Wishing you and your loved ones a very happy Christmas and a peaceful new year. God bless.

Unknown said...

Thank you for a lovely visit for A Pause in Advent. :)