Welcome to Homemaking Heaven: Make it Home. Pull up a seat and pour yourself a cuppa!

Monday 16 February 2009

Snowy Days Again

We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand... and melting like a snowflake. Let us use it before it is too late.
Marie Beyon Ray



Wow, the snow has travelled up north at last, and boy is it heavy!!
Squeals of delight filled the house first thing this morning when my beloved opened the curtains and shouted for me. I was so excited!!! After seeing all of the lovely posts about snow, I felt incredibly left out, and so I’m very happy to report about the snow from my neck of the woods!!!



Mark left the house in a great big coat this morning all ready for the day ahead while I had an extra big pot of tea and got ready for the house to be left quiet and still for most of the day so I could give the puppy Daisy an extra long walk. She was ever so excited when she popped her head out of the door, and she proceeded to pull me along the path until we got to the trees and she was eventually let off of her lead in the park.


We walked all around the park viewing the snowy feilds and tree's beautifully highlighted with all of the snow.  The paths were very empty and we hardly passed anybody else.  You can tell I'm a dog walker when i can proudly say that I venture outside in the snow!


It was soup weather-thats for sure, and so when I got home it was the first thing I got ready for Marks tea. It is so tiring walking through snow, so Daisy got a warm bath, a blow dry and went straight to bed!!! I nearly followed suit but lit lots of candles, and looked out lots of cosy blankets. I was very happy when Mark got home safely, as I always worry about the roads, and the crazy drivers. 

No comments: