Welcome to Homemaking Heaven: Make it Home. Pull up a seat and pour yourself a cuppa!

Friday 7 October 2011

CL Fair...waiting game



So I've presented the facts...I've said "isn't it a good idea that we head to Glasgow for a lovely shopping weekend?"
Ive then just not mentioned shopping and have attempted (rather unsuccessfully) to make out like he was always going on about Glasgow.
Ive said that we can take the train, I've said that we can do things he likes...but all of this to no avail.
I have (thus far) been unsuccessful in convincing TH that it is a good idea to go to the Christmas Fair and do all things Christmassy.  He does not want to soak up the glee of the event.  OK, that's probably a wee bit unfair.
 He doesn't want to be pushed and prodded, elbowed and shoved by lots and lots of women.
He doesn't want to be one of those men that follow the women folk around the shops...and i can see his point.  The only thing is that we are so very far away from Glasgow that its really not a day trip, and if it was it would be such a long long and mostly unpleasant day to squeeze such an extraordinary amount of 'fun' things in, that invariably, it becomes the most un-fun thing you can think of.


But just look at all of the lovely pictures and adverts mean to entice folk like us.....
Look at all of the idyllic scenes we...ahem, i always want to buy into...

 I think that I'll be trying to convince very busy friends to come on jaunts to the other side of the country with me...

Yes, i think I'm about to start the persuasion game all over again!

2 comments:

Elizabethd said...

I wish I lived near you...I'd come!

Sue at Dollytub Cottage said...

Can't you bribe him with the promise of a few Hot Toddies? I hope you can persuade him.SueXXX