Welcome to Homemaking Heaven: Make it Home. Pull up a seat and pour yourself a cuppa!

Thursday 7 April 2011

A wee bit of Doric

Mochy, dreich, and theres a harr coming in…..why’s my spell checker went into meltdown?  
Ok, those are very Scottish words, and for anyone that doesn’t know it pretty much means its misty, wet and drizzly and living near the sea means you’ve got about 10% visibility right now!  The whole place smells very briny and it’s a bit eerie.  It’s all a bit spooky if you think about how close we’re to Dracula’s Castle!!  
I hope that its much better for you, as I really don’t think its acting like Spring around here.  I had been hoping to get out with some bulbs I bought earlier this week, as like I’ve said before, I regret not doing more in Autumn, and I don’t want to feel like that in (what I hope will be a beautifully sun-shiny) Summer.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hoping you see some sunshine soon. Hugs!

Stitchfork said...

But your rainy morning sounds so much more like a scene out of a movie set than my rainy morning here stateside with plumbers digging up the lines under the basement floor!
Cathy