Welcome to Homemaking Heaven: Make it Home. Pull up a seat and pour yourself a cuppa!

Monday 11 October 2010

The Golden Rules

I've been reading the sweetest little home making book which gives many a tip for the ‘newly married modern woman’, I'm talking 1933 if you hadn’t guessed!! I love the way that the housewives were told to act like home making was a career choice. I really don’t know when it happened but so many people act like they are embarrassed that they run the home all day (and don’t stop at 5:30).

Here are some Golden Rules ive put together from the hundreds on offer in the book!
The Golden Rules of homemaking!

  1. A place for everything and everything in its place.
  2. Don’t put off till tomorrow what should be done today
  3. Make the most of what you ave, don’t worry about what you could do if you had this or that
  4. Clear up as you go along, and you’ll never find yourself in a muddle.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I used to be an accountant and am now a housewife... When people ask what I do, I get tongue tied... my career once defined me... now I feel as though in some peoples eyes, I'm just playing house... I have even been asked, 'What do you do all day?'... All I do know, is that this is the most demanding job I have ever done... and there's no after work drinks ;-) Lx

Sheila said...

My friend said that, she is a full time mother of two under 3's, and never 'bigs herself up'! In this book there is a timetable of a days acctivities, and it states that after nine at night thats your free time!
Sheila
x